[EM] Hello everybody!

heitzig at math.uni-hannover.de heitzig at math.uni-hannover.de
Fri Sep 21 05:21:50 PDT 2001

I just found this list and really wish I had before! Since we gave an
"oder-theoretic" seminar on social choice in my math department, I am
strongly interested in decision making alias social choice alias
voting alias preference aggregation, but only recently checked out
searching for "election"... Why must there be so many different names
for essentially the same thing?

There is a project of mine called GrouCho which aims at implementing
online tools for group decisions when individuals have INCOMPLETE (or
even cyclic) PREFERENCES. All of you are invited to check out how far
I got until now at

   http://welcome.to/groucho

and perhaps participate in my demo poll on movies :-)

I WOULD APPRECIATE VERY MUCH ALL COMMENTS AND CRITICS !!!

...especially: Does anyone know if such a thing already exists
somewhere? I was quite puzzled to learn that my favourite rules (which
are also used at the site) had not been invented by me but are
essentially generalizations of Ranked Pairs by Tideman.

Jobst Heitzig