[EM] The 9 ballots

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Sat May 5 19:03:20 PDT 2001

Here are the 9 ballots in the voting systems poll.

I've written the voter's name at the top of each ballot, though
some voters identified themselves within the ballot message, or at
the end, with a signature.

I separate the different people's ballots with long dotted lines, like
this:

Rob LG

    Which voting system do you designate for this Voter's Choice poll?

Manual (direct approval votes)

Best public proposal:

R   A    R
A   P    A
N   P    T
K   R    E
[ 3] [X] [ 95] Approval
[ 2] [X] [ 98] Ranked-Pairs(m)
[ 1] [X] [100] Path Voting (BeatpathWinner(m) )
[ 5] [ ] [ 62] Cloneproof SSD (BeatpathWinner(wv) )
[ 7] [ ] [ 57] ordinary SSD
[ 6] [ ] [ 61] Ranked-Pairs(wv)
[10] [ ] [ 49] PC
[ 9] [ ] [ 52] Smith//PC
[ 8] [ ] [ 54] SD
[ 4] [X] [ 91] CR
[11] [ ] [ 32] ACC
[13] [ ] [  1] Plurality
[12] [ ] [  2] IRV
[14] [ ] [  0] Borda

Pure-merit:

R   A    R
A   P    A
N   P    T
K   R    E
[ 4] [X] [ 93] Approval
[ 2] [X] [ 98] Ranked-Pairs(m)
[ 1] [X] [100] Path Voting (BeatpathWinner(m) )
[ 5] [ ] [ 50] Cloneproof SSD (BeatpathWinner(wv) )
[ 7] [ ] [ 45] ordinary SSD
[ 6] [ ] [ 49] Ranked-Pairs(wv)
[10] [ ] [ 40] PC
[ 9] [ ] [ 42] Smith//PC
[ 8] [ ] [ 43] SD
[ 3] [X] [ 94] CR
[11] [ ] [ 15] ACC
[13] [ ] [  1] Plurality
[12] [ ] [  2] IRV
[14] [ ] [  0] Borda

=====
Rob LeGrand

-----------------------------

Reply Reply All Forward  Delete  Previous Next  Close

Mike/Rob,

Below is my ballot for the EM poll.

-- Richard Moore

Ballot:

Which voting system do you designate for this Voter's Choice poll?

Approval

The ballot section that follows is for best public proposal.

R    A    R
A    P    A
N    P    T
K    R    E

[1] [x]  [100] Approval
[6] [x]  [70] Ranked-Pairs(m)
[4] [x]  [80] Path Voting (BeatpathWinner(m) )
[7] [x]  [70] Cloneproof SSD (BeatpathWinner(wv) )
[9] [ ]  [65] ordinary SSD
[11] [ ]  [60] Ranked Pairs(wv)
[8] [x]  [70] PC
[10] [ ]  [65] Smith//PC
[5] [x]  [75] SD
[3] [x]  [85] CR
[2] [x]  [90] ACC
[13] [ ]  [10] Plurality
[14] [ ]  [0] IRV
[12] [ ]  [20] Borda

Below is the pure-merit ballot section:

R    A    R
A    P    A
N    P    T
K    R    E

[1] [x]  [100] Approval
[7] [ ]  [70] Ranked-Pairs(m)
[4] [x]  [85] Path Voting (BeatpathWinner(m) )
[6] [x]  [75] Cloneproof SSD (BeatpathWinner(wv) )
[8] [ ]  [70] ordinary SSD
[11] [ ]  [60] Ranked Pairs(wv)
[9] [ ]  [70] PC
[10] [ ]  [65] Smith//PC
[5] [x]  [75] SD
[2] [x]  [95] CR
[3] [x]  [90] ACC
[13] [ ]  [10] Plurality
[14] [ ]  [0] IRV
[12] [ ]  [20] Borda

----------------------------

Mike

Ballot:

Which voting system do you designate for this Voter's Choice poll?

Manual

The ballot section that follows is for best public proposal.
Vote as if we were choosing which voting system to offer to the
public in a public initiative.

R    A    R
A    P    A
N    P    T
K    R    E

[ 2] [x]  [50] Approval
[  ] [ ]  [  ] Ranked-Pairs(m)
[  ] [ ]  [  ] Path Voting (BeatpathWinner(m) )
[ 2] [x]  [50] Cloneproof SSD (BeatpathWinner(wv) )
[ 2] [x]  [50] ordinary SSD
[ 2] [x]  [50] Ranked-Pairs(wv)
[ 2] [x]  [50] PC
[ 2] [x]  [50] Smith//PC
[ 2] [x]  [50] SD
[ 1] [x]  [100]CR
[ 2] [x]  [50] ACC
[  ] [ ]  [  ] Plurality
[  ] [ ]  [  ] IRV
[  ] [ ]  [  ] Borda

Below is the pure-merit ballot section:

Suppose we were voting to determine which voting system to designate
as EM's officially-chosen best voting system. Even though this
isn't official, of course in a meaningful sense the method we choose
here can be called EM's favorite, for pure merit, among those who
voted.

R    A    R
A    P    A
N    P    T
K    R    E

[ 7] [x]  [94] Approval
[  ] [ ]  [ 0] Ranked-Pairs(m)
[  ] [ ]  [ 0] Path Voting (BeatpathWinner(m) )
[ 1] [x]  [100]Cloneproof SSD (BeatpathWinner(wv) )
[ 2] [x]  [99] ordinary SSD
[ 3] [x]  [98] Ranked Pairs(wv)
[ 6] [x]  [95] PC
[ 5] [x]  [96] Smith//PC
[ 4] [x]  [97] SD
[ 8] [x]  [93] CR
[ 9] [x]  [92] ACC
[  ] [ ]  [0 ] Plurality
[  ] [ ]  [0 ] IRV
[  ] [ ]  [0 ] Borda

Separate ranking for Ranked Pairs(m) & Path Voting:

(Disregard everything but the ranking--Only the ranking is different
for Margins methods).

R    A    R
A    P    A
N    P    T
K    R    E

[ 1] [ ]  [  ] Approval
[  ] [ ]  [  ] Ranked-Pairs(m)
[  ] [ ]  [  ] Path Voting (BeatpathWinner(m) )
[ 2] [ ]  [  ] Cloneproof SSD (BeatpathWinner(wv) )
[ 2] [ ]  [  ] ordinary SSD
[ 2] [ ]  [  ] Ranked-Pairs(wv)
[ 2] [ ]  [  ] PC
[ 2] [ ]  [  ] Smith//PC
[ 2] [ ]  [  ] SD
[ 2] [ ]  [  ] CR
[ 2] [ ]  [  ] ACC
[  ] [ ]  [  ] Plurality
[  ] [ ]  [  ] IRV
[  ] [ ]  [  ] Borda

----------------------------------

Moe

Ballot:

Which voting system do you designate for this Voter's Choice poll?

[Approval]

The ballot section that follows is for best public proposal.
Vote as if we were choosing which voting system to offer to the
public in a public initiative.

The 1st column is for rank number. The 2nd column is for Approval votes.
The 3rd column is for CR ratings. I suggest that we consider
the CR balloting to be an honor system in which we rate sincerely,
to the best of our knowledge. An easy way to do that is to ask
how big the merit differences are among the various alternatives in
your ranking. Your favorite is automatically 10 or 100. Rate the
others according to how good they are with respect to that. Or, as
I suggested, rate them according to how big you feel the merit differences
are among your ranked alternatives.

R    A    R
A    P    A
N    P    T
K    R    E

[ 5 ] [x ]  [ 60 ] Approval
[ 6 ] [ ]  [ 20 ] Ranked-Pairs(m)
[ 6 ] [ ]  [ 20 ] Path Voting (BeatpathWinner(m) )
[ 2 ] [x ]  [ 90 ] Cloneproof SSD (BeatpathWinner(wv) )
[ 1 ] [x ]  [ 100 ] ordinary SSD
[ 3 ] [x ]  [ 80 ] Ranked Pairs(wv)
[ 4 ] [x ]  [ 70 ] PC
[ 4 ] [x ]  [ 70 ] Smith//PC
[ 6 ] [ ]  [ 20 ] SD
[ 9 ] [ ]  [ 0 ] CR
[ 6 ] [ ]  [ 20 ] ACC
[ 9 ] [ ]  [ 0 ] Plurality
[ 7 ] [ ]  [ 10 ] IRV
[ 8 ] [ ]  [ 1 ] Borda

Below is the pure-merit ballot section:

Suppose we were voting to determine which voting system to designate
as EM's officially-chosen best voting system. Even though this
isn't official, of course in a meaningful sense the method we choose
here can be called EM's favorite, for pure merit, among those who
voted.

R    A    R
A    P    A
N    P    T
K    R    E

[ 5 ] [ ]  [ 30 ] Approval
[ 6 ] [ ]  [ 20 ] Ranked-Pairs(m)
[ 6 ] [ ]  [ 20 ] Path Voting (BeatpathWinner(m) )
[ 1 ] [x]  [100  ] Cloneproof SSD (BeatpathWinner(wv) )
[ 2 ] [x]  [ 70 ] ordinary SSD
[ 3 ] [x]  [ 50 ] Ranked-Pairs(wv)
[ 4 ] [ ]  [ 40 ] PC
[ 4 ] [ ]  [ 40 ] Smith//PC
[ 6 ] [ ]  [ 20 ] SD
[ 9 ] [ ]  [ 0 ] CR
[ 6 ] [ ]  [ 20 ] ACC
[ 9 ] [ ]  [ 0 ] Plurality
[ 7 ] [ ]  [ 2 ] IRV
[ 8 ] [ ]  [ 1 ] Borda

-------------------------------
Blake

Ballot:

[...]

[ 3 ] [ ]  [ 10 ] Approval
[ 1 ] [X]  [ 100 ] Ranked-Pairs(m)
[ 2 ] [ ]  [ 20 ] Path Voting (BeatpathWinner(m) )
[  ] [ ]  [ 0 ] Cloneproof SSD (BeatpathWinner(wv) )
[  ] [ ]  [ 0 ] ordinary SSD
[  ] [ ]  [ 0 ] Ranked-Pairs(wv)
[  ] [ ]  [ 0 ] PC
[  ] [ ]  [ 0 ] Smith//PC
[  ] [ ]  [ 0 ] SD
[  ] [ ]  [ 0 ] CR
[  ] [ ]  [ 0 ] ACC
[ 5 ] [ ]  [ 0 ] Plurality
[ 4 ] [ ]  [ 0 ] IRV
[  ] [ ]  [ 0 ] Borda

Below is the pure-merit ballot section:

Suppose we were voting to determine which voting system to designate
as EM's officially-chosen best voting system. Even though this
isn't official, of course in a meaningful sense the method we choose
here can be called EM's favorite, for pure merit, among those who
voted.

R    A    R
A    P    A
N    P    T
K    R    E

[ 3 ] [ ]  [ 10 ] Approval
[ 1 ] [X]  [ 100 ] Ranked-Pairs(m)
[ 2 ] [ ]  [ 80 ] Path Voting (BeatpathWinner(m) )
[  ] [ ]  [ 0 ] Cloneproof SSD (BeatpathWinner(wv) )
[  ] [ ]  [ 0 ] ordinary SSD
[  ] [ ]  [ 0 ] Ranked Pairs(wv)
[  ] [ ]  [ 0 ] PC
[  ] [ ]  [ 0 ] Smith//PC
[  ] [ ]  [ 0 ] SD
[  ] [ ]  [ 0 ] CR
[  ] [ ]  [ 0 ] ACC
[ 5 ] [ ]  [ 0 ] Plurality
[ 4 ] [ ]  [ 0 ] IRV
[  ] [ ]  [ 0 ] Borda

---
Blake Cretney

--------------------------------

Martin

Sorry for delay in reposting...

MIKE OSSIPOFF wrote:

   Ballot:

Which voting system do you designate for this Voter's Choice poll?

Ranked Pairs(m)

   The ballot section that follows is for best public proposal.
Vote as if we were choosing which voting system to offer to the
public in a public initiative.

R    A    R
A    P    A
N    P    T
K    R    E

[1 ] [x]  [10] Approval
[2 ] [x]  [10] Ranked-Pairs(m)
[2 ] [x]  [10] Path Voting (BeatpathWinner(m) )
[4 ] [ ]  [10] Cloneproof SSD (BeatpathWinner(wv) )
[4 ] [ ]  [10] ordinary SSD
[4 ] [ ]  [10] Ranked-Pairs(wv)
[4 ] [ ]  [10] PC
[4 ] [ ]  [10] Smith//PC
[4 ] [ ]  [10] SD
[5 ] [ ]  [9 ] CR
[3 ] [x]  [10] ACC
[6 ] [ ]  [0 ] Plurality
[5 ] [ ]  [9 ] IRV
[5 ] [ ]  [9 ] Borda

[BALLOTS FOR WINNING-VOTES METHODS]

    R  A  N  K

[1 ] Approval [2 ] Ranked-Pairs(m) [3 ] Path Voting (BeatpathWinner(m) ) [5
] Cloneproof SSD (BeatpathWinner(wv) ) [10] ordinary SSD [6 ]
Ranked-Pairs(wv) [9 ] PC [7 ] Smith//PC [8 ] SD [11] CR [4 ] aCC [14]
Plurality [12] IRV [13] Borda

   Below is the pure-merit ballot section:

Identical to public proposal ballots.

--------------------------------------
Craig (1)
Ballot:

[...]

[ 8 ] [ ]  [35 ] Approval
[ 1 ] [x]  [100] Ranked-Pairs(m)
[ 2 ] [x]  [95 ] Path Voting (BeatpathWinner(m) )
[ 5 ] [x]  [75 ] Cloneproof SSD (BeatpathWinner(wv) )
[ 5 ] [x]  [75 ] ordinary SSD
[ 4 ] [x]  [85 ] Ranked-Pairs(wv)
[ 7 ] [ ]  [55 ] PC
[ 6 ] [ ]  [60 ] Smith//PC
[ 6 ] [ ]  [60 ] SD
[12 ] [ ]  [ 0 ] CR
[ 3 ] [x]  [90 ] ACC
[10 ] [ ]  [12 ] Plurality
[ 9 ] [ ]  [15 ] IRV
[11 ] [ ]  [10 ] Borda

Below is the pure-merit ballot section:

Suppose we were voting to determine which voting system to designate
as EM's officially-chosen best voting system. Even though this
isn't official, of course in a meaningful sense the method we choose
here can be called EM's favorite, for pure merit, among those who
voted.

R    A    R
A    P    A
N    P    T
K    R    E

[10 ] [ ]  [ 40] Approval
[ 1 ] [x]  [100] Ranked-Pairs(m)
[ 2 ] [x]  [ 98] Path Voting (BeatpathWinner(m) )
[ 5 ] [x]  [ 73] Cloneproof SSD (BeatpathWinner(wv) )
[ 6 ] [x]  [ 72] ordinary SSD
[ 4 ] [x]  [ 75] Ranked Pairs(wv)
[ 9 ] [ ]  [ 55] PC
[ 8 ] [ ]  [ 61] Smith//PC
[ 7 ] [ ]  [ 66] SD
[14 ] [ ]  [  0] CR
[ 3 ] [x]  [ 90] ACC
[13 ] [ ]  [  5] Plurality
[12 ] [ ]  [  8] IRV
[11 ] [ ]  [ 16] Borda

-----------------------------

Bart

    Ballot:

[...]

[  ] [ ]  [ 2] Ranked-Pairs(m)
[  ] [ ]  [ 2] Path Voting (BeatpathWinner(m) )
[  ] [ ]  [ 2] Cloneproof SSD (BeatpathWinner(wv) )
[  ] [ ]  [ 2] ordinary SSD
[  ] [ ]  [ 2] Ranked-Pairs(wv)
[  ] [ ]  [ 2] PC
[  ] [ ]  [ 2] Smith//PC
[  ] [ ]  [ 2] SD
[  ] [ ]  [ 2] CR
[  ] [ ]  [ 0] ACC
[  ] [ ]  [ 0] Plurality
[  ] [ ]  [ 0] IRV
[  ] [ ]  [ 0] Borda

Below is the pure-merit ballot section:

Suppose we were voting to determine which voting system to designate
as EM's officially-chosen best voting system. Even though this
isn't official, of course in a meaningful sense the method we choose
here can be called EM's favorite, for pure merit, among those who
voted.

R    A    R
A    P    A
N    P    T
K    R    E

[ 1] [x]  [10] Approval
[  ] [ ]  [ 3] Ranked-Pairs(m)
[  ] [ ]  [ 3] Path Voting (BeatpathWinner(m) )
[  ] [ ]  [ 3] Cloneproof SSD (BeatpathWinner(wv) )
[  ] [ ]  [ 3] ordinary SSD
[  ] [ ]  [ 3] Ranked Pairs(wv)
[  ] [ ]  [ 3] Smith//PC
[  ] [ ]  [ 0] ACC