[EM] RE: Poll Topic Nominations

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Sat Mar 17 17:55:54 PST 2001

>>Mr. Ossipoff wrote in part-
>
>I wouldn't know how to vote on months.
>---
>D- Yes or No on each and number rank them-- such as
>
>May YES  5
>Dec  NO 12
>etc.

Demorep, if you think that's all it takes to know how to vote, then
I hope you don't vote.
--
D-

I vote at each election in my local precinct and am in and out a lot quicker
than a lot of my neighbors (since I pay some attention to the sample ballots
before voting).

In my State, there are routinely a number of YES/NO type issues on the
ballots -- state constitutional amendments, state laws, local charter
amendments, local ordinances.

Democracy in such State seems to survive OK when a majority of the voters
vote YES or NO on each issue.

If friendly *average* voters can not simply vote YES or NO on each candidate
choice for public offices and number rank them, then things are much worse
than one might imagine --- even with the political- social- economic
mindlessness taught by *modern* public schools in the U.S.A. (and in other
countries).

Fortunately very few of the voters have the conspiracy/ strategy mindset of
Mr. Ossipoff.