[EM] Approval election example

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 12 16:39:25 PST 2001

One quality that I like for a poll is, it should be something that could
, in another situation, actually determine a social choice.

>I think some sort of food preference would fit these criteria
>naturally.

Absolutely. That was the sort of issue that I'd have suggested,
for something of more general interest than list-manners or voting
systems.

>I'd like to nominate the "one-topping pizza" poll as a demonstration
>poll.

Sounds good. My food issue would have been ice-cream flavors,
supposing that we were going to buy a gallon of ice-cream and
had to choose what flavor. The pizza issue is similar, since a group
of people could easily have to choose what kind of a pizza they're
going to get. So I'll add ice cream flavors to the nominations list.

Mike Ossipoff