Condorcet vs Approval

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Mon Mar 5 22:03:29 PST 2001

On Sat, 3 Mar 2001, Joe Weinstein wrote (in part):

> On Fri. 2 March (or Sat. 3 March in Sydney) Craig Layton wrote:
>
> "Joe wrote (in relation to Forest's Condorcet//Approval compromise):..."
>
> My query:  Joe who?  Not I.

Craig was thinking of Martin Harper's response to my first
versions of refined approval (before dyadic approval).  I'm sure it was
just one of those mental slips. Sunday I greeted a friend of mine named
Joe Chatterly as Patrick.  When he looked at me strangely I didn't even
realize what I had said.

Forest