FW: [EM] Ballot for poll on poll topics

LAYTON Craig Craig.LAYTON at add.nsw.gov.au
Sun Mar 25 19:14:47 PST 2001

Sorry.  I was supposed to send this to the list, right?

In passing - I've deleted the message, but I noticed that Donald dismissed
discussion of multi-winner methods with some claim that "everyone" used
single winner elections.  I mean, really.  Even the US uses multi-winner
elections for many councils & school board elections etc, and is in the
minority as a country that doesn't use some kind of multi-winner system to
elect one of the houses of its national parliament.  Thinking that single
winner elections are the "norm" is just Anglo-American bias.