[EM] List PR

Bart Ingles bartman at netgate.net
Fri Jun 15 21:27:12 PDT 2001

I like it.  It looks as though in the non-partisan case (or one where
there is exactly one candidate from each party), the system equates to
cumulative voting.  But at the opposite end, where all candidates belong
to a single party, it's equivalent to approval voting.

Or at least a multi-winner form of approval voting.  But in that case it
seems like it would be in the interest of at least some of the party
members to split the party.  I wonder if there's a corresponding
incentive to merge when there are too many parties?

FFrom election-methods-list-request at eskimo.com  Fri Jun 15 22:32:36 2001