Cloneproof SSD

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Tue Jan 16 20:26:02 PST 2001

Mr. Ossipoff wrote in part-

The people are saying  that the Schwartz set candidates are the
ones that aren't bested by anyone. So it's intuitively natural &
obvious to only drop defeats from among the current Schwartz set.

And the idea of dropping defeats is itself natural too. We don't have
a winner because everyone has a defeat. That means that, no matter whom
we elect, we have to overrule a pairwise defeat, disregard it. And so
doesn't it make sense to overrule a weak defeat, since we have to
overrule a defeat?
---
D- I again must bring up the old circular tie with candidates in the Schwartz
set---

34 ABC
33 BCA
32 CAB
99

66 AB 33
67 BC 32
65 CA 34

Who has majority acceptability ???

Since rank voting only shows *relative* acceptability, only a simple YES/NO
vote on each choice will show if ANY of them has majority acceptability.

If 2 or more have such majority acceptability, then the head to head math can
be done.

If there is no Condorcet winner, then the place votes can be summed to get a
majority.

1st plus 2nd place votes (IF YES) -----

A 66
B 67
C 65

The above, of course, can be extended to 4 or more choices.