eliminations methods like IRV

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Fri Feb 23 07:40:03 PST 2001

As DEMOREP demonstrates below, IRV fails to successfully implement its
implicit ideal of eliminating the worst candidates before the final choice
stage.

And as I mentioned before, finding the worst is as hard as finding the
best, so only a recursive elimination strategy (which IRV is not) has any
chance of effectively implementing that ideal.

I'll give the details of a feasible recursive elimination method in my

Forest