[EM] From an UnHoly Crusade to Carry Over Voting:

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 15 17:52:46 PST 2001

Though most of what Don posts consists of an unsuccessful attempt
to be funny, combined with some cultural pretense, one could try
to fish a point out of his postings. It would have to be that
Don, like any IRVie, judges voting systems by a standard that just
happens to be identical to IRV's count rule.

I've always said that anyone's standards are right, for them.
But most people value majority rule, and the goal of getting rid of
the lesser-of-2-evils problem. I & others have already discussed IRV's
failures of those standards, and criteria that measure for those
standards. It's pointless to keep explaining these things to Don.
It's already been explained to him.

So there's really nothing more to say to Don. I recommend to others
that they not waste their time answering him.

I was answering him for a while again, because maybe some people new
to the list hadn't caught his act before, or received the answers to
it. Maybe one answer per year would be in order for that reason.

Mike Ossipoff