[EM] Alternative counting method for RP

Roy One royone at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 10 10:40:25 PDT 2001

Errata:

RP uses highest margin to resolve Smith sets. It evaluates losers
first when rankings are tied. I knew that.

Elimination: discard the row with the lowest sum, and the column for
the same candidate. (That might not have been quite clear).

I hadn't heard of Nanson before (although I did enjoy the song
"Mmm-bop"). It's not clear to me whether my method corresponds
exactly to Nanson, or if the use of only the winner's margins makes a
useful difference.

Roy Johnson