[EM] output ranking

Anthony Simmons asimmons at krl.org
Tue Apr 10 13:37:28 PDT 2001

>> From: MIKE OSSIPOFF
>> Subject: [EM] output ranking

Certainly, expecting a ranking that carries the
same credibility as the winner would be quite
different from just choosing one winner.  On the
other hand, suppose we wanted to ask who came in
second in the recent Presidential election.
There may be no official criterion, but if the
results are known publicly, we can apply various
criteria anyway.

So it seems like it would be okay to have several
different, not necessarily consistent, results.
Would be instructive.