[EM] Discover Magazine article

Rob Lanphier robla at eskimo.com
Thu Oct 19 21:30:47 PDT 2000

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Bart Ingles wrote:
> >From the November '00 issue of Discover.  Should be understandable even
> to someone who has difficulty grasping the concept of approval voting:
>
> http://www.discover.com/nov_00/gthere.html?article=featbestman.html

This is a great article.  I don't entirely agree on the conclusion (Donald
Saari's work on Borda again comes out pretty favorably), but the fact that
the reporter also talked to Brams makes it a much more balanced article
than the piece in the Economist a few months back.  There's also some
really interesting discussion of using voting methods in character
recognition, plotting space probe trajectories, and other computer
applications.

Rob
----
Rob Lanphier