[EM]

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 8 19:51:13 PDT 2000

R.V. wrote:

>I, too, am a lay observer of this discussion, and would like to second
>these
>questions, with an emphasis on the "understandable" part. I am one of those
>uneducated voters you speak of.
>--R.V., Student
>   East Lansing, MI

The important thing is not to take anyone's word about things.

On an issue like IRV vs Approval/Condorcet, ask yourself which
position is more fully-supported with convincing argument. Don't
be influenced by the fact that IRV is aggressively promoted by
an organization (CVD) whose officers have impressive organizational
titles, and which can afford to spend money on brochures and give
money to the League of Women Voters. And don't be impressed if the
LWV endorses IRV after receiving that money :-)

Does the lesser-of-2-evils problem matter to you? Majority rule?
If so, then my arguments in the just-posted 3-part reply should be
of interest to you. Likewise the criteria & arguments at the websites
that I cited.

Mike Ossipoff