CVD wants Alt.V to be fairer but it isn't: misleading website

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 6 18:14:29 PDT 2000

> > Nader is better than Gore, but says Nader can't win. Come again??
> > Everyone likes Nader better than Gore, but Nader can't win and Gore
> > can? Now the voters are proving their hopeless sucker-ness more than
>
>"Everyone" is a bit of a silly thing to say.

"Everyone" might be an exaggeration--or maybe not--as I discuss below.

>Sad as it may seem to you,
>Gore _is_ favoured over Nader by more left voters.

I have yet to find one Gore voter who doesn't agree that Nader is
better than Gore. Based on my conversations, it appears that no one
is voting for Gore instead of Nader for any reason other than
lesser-of-2-evils strategy, in the belief that Nader can't win.

But don't get me wrong--it's a sad situation either way.

Of course "everyone" could be an exaggeration, since some Bush voters
might prefer a Gore presidency to a Nader presidency. But that's a
"maybe". As I said, it might well be that a Bush voter would agree,
if asked, that Nader is more honest than Gore. Surely every Bush
voter would say that Gore isn't honest. And it would be difficult for
anyone to maintain that Nader isn't honest.

And isn't dishonesty something that disqualifies someone from being
fit for the presidency. Well maybe not--Clinton's supporters seem
astoundingly tolerant of dishonesty.

Mike Ossipoff