[EM] New STV mailing list has appeared!

Craig Carey research at ijs.co.nz
Sun Oct 15 15:07:21 PDT 2000

Announcement
on the Single Transferable Vote.

STV http://www.egroups.com/group/single-transferable-vote

A topic that can't really be discussed that well here, STV and the
Alternative Vote (IRV), might be proceed more satisfactorily at the
new list on STV

At the list STV, may be advocated, or an ideal method could be
advocated.

Improving of existing STV methods would be a interest of the list.

I think we ought find out just how bad the examples showing STV is
bad, can be made. The AV 3 candidate methods will reverse the intent
of >16.6% of the vote. How much worse is it with 4 candidates?.

Key phrases: Single Transferrable Vote

Correction: A subscriber here found a "that" wrong-word error in my
definition of truncation resistance.

E-mail: Craig Carey <research at ijs.co.nz>  (backup terratope at yahoo.com)
Auckland, NZ. |  Snooz Metasearch: http://www.ijs.co.nz/info/snooz.htm