[EM] typo

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 6 18:02:31 PDT 2000

I'd like to correct a typo in the letter that I just sent to EM:

I said:

Any  BC complying method meets SDSC because the members of that
majority can make B have a majority defeat (by ranking A over B) and
can make sure that B won't have a majority defeat (by not ranking B).
Since B beats no one by majority, then his majority defeat can't be
the weakest defeat in a cycle.

[end quote]

What I meant was that the members of that majority who prefer A to
B have the power to make a majority defeat against B, by voting A
over B. And they have the power to make sure that B won't have
a majority defeat against anyone else--they can do that by refusing
to rank B. Since B beats no one by majority, then the majority defeat
against him can't be the weakest defeat in a cycle.

Mike Ossipoff