Let's found an organization to oppose IRV

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Mon Nov 13 16:55:54 PST 2000

>Donald: They, centrist candidates, make fair `Caretaker' officials.

It depends what you mean.  Some people would argue that centrist
candidates are bad, because more extreme candidates will change things,
and that change is desirable.  If one extreme takes over, they can
change things one way.  When the other extreme takes over, they get to
change things back.  It's certainly more exciting to have polarized
politics than stable central government.
---
D- In memory of the tens of millions killed in the 1900's by various extreme
governments, I must say --- NONSENSE.     It is not *more exciting*. It is
ultra-dangerous.   Save the extremism for p.r. elections.   Executive
*exciting* tyrants have filled political voids too many times--- Napoleon,
Stalin, Hitler, etc., etc.

I will take a dull Approval Voting U.S. President winner any day over an IRV
*exciting* extremist U.S. President winner who claims majority acceptability.