Let's found an organization to oppose IRV

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Mon Nov 13 03:49:29 PST 2000

Mr. Ossipoff wrote--

That civil war alternative of course complicates the strategy
calculations. But it isn't one of the possible outcomes for us,
and so we needn't let it complicate our strategy.
----
D- What happened after the circa 40 percent popular vote for Mr. Lincoln in
Nov. 1860 ??? (noting that Mr. Lincoln was denied ballot access in about 10
southern States)

Answer-- It embolded the political extremists in the southern States.

Result -- Nothing good for the circa 620,000 dead in the 1861-1865 U.S. Civil
War and the tens of thousands maimed for life and their unhappy relatives
mourning for their lifetimes.

Let the extremists play games in p.r. legislative bodies.

For chief executive officers, median/ central/ majority winners are quite OK.