vulnerability to compromise?

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Thu May 18 22:14:38 PDT 2000

Mr. Ossipoff wrote in part-

 The compromise strategist isn't a dishonest
cheating manipulator. He's someone trying to get his rightful due.
The person who does the compromise strategy is the only victim in
that story. That's the problem--that he's strategically forced to
use compromise strategy. I consider the most important criteria to
be the ones that measure how often & how drastically we're
strategically forced to compromise.
---
D-

Desired > Compromise > Unacceptable

Notice that there are rankings.

It is not---

Desired = Compromise = Unacceptable.

Simple Approval assumes Desired = Compromise.   Obviously not true.

How can a voter be *strategically forced to use compromise strategy* if
his/her Desired choices cannot get elected ???  Such voter just wants a
compromise choice to get elected rather than an unacceptable choice to get
elected.