[EM] brief insincerity addendum

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Sun May 7 19:06:51 PDT 2000

Earlier I said:

"Plurality won't make you regret that you voted sincerely
instead of not voting; it will just make you regret that you
voted sincerely instead of insincerely."

Before someone points out that according to Gibbard & Satterthwaite,
every method can give incentive for insincere voting, I should
say that what I meant was that Plurality, and most methods that
meet Participation, and other methods of similar merit, will
do that in particularly egregious ways, that are covered by
the criteria that are important to me.

Mike Ossipoff