[EM] Errata: typos in Dissimilar

Steve Eppley SEppley at alumni.caltech.edu
Sat May 6 13:13:08 PDT 2000

In the message posted yesterday containing the definition of
Dissimilar, the following line was included:
         2.2  Let G = g(R,D).  Let x' = random(G).
It should read:
         2.2  Let G = g(R,Y).  Let x' = random(G).

Another typo:
         2.5  Let D = (D\Y) U {x}.
It should read:
         2.5  Let D = (D\Y) U {x'}.

Sorry about any confusion those errors may cause.

I probably should have added a comment suggesting that when
Dissimilar is used as a tie-breaker for a correspondence g, the
same g be used in Dissimilar(g).  I.e., g//Dissimilar(g).  This
isn't essential but seems most parsimonious.