N/P Scales

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Sun Mar 5 05:58:53 PST 2000

Mr. Catchpole asked --

That is such a faulty version of utility I don't know why I'm
responding! Sorry, no offence really intended, but where's the point and
reason in "zero means neutral (do not care)"? Care about what?
---
Obviously - the result.

Mundane example-

A group of folks want to go out together.

Proposed choices- movie, sports event, bar, etc.

Some folks may not care about certain choices- neither for or against.

How many average folks on the planet daily think about such buzz words and
phrases as "utility" and "probabilistically weighted mean of outcomes", etc.
?

Getting rid of totally dangerous simple Plurality will not be done by getting
bogged down in such words and phrases in talking about election method
reforms with average citizens (who never read mumbo-jumbo political science/
socio-economic professional/ university journals and internet articles
written by Profs and wantabee Profs).