Pairwise Vote Terminology (was Re: "Votes over")

Bart Ingles bartman at netgate.net
Sun Mar 19 23:54:18 PST 2000

I kind of like:

- Votes-Over (vo) in place of Winning-Votes
- Weakest-Quorum (wq) in place of All-Votes (might be stretching the
meaning of 'quorum', but at least this is more specific)

I assume neither votes-under nor strongest-quorum would be useful
concepts.  If necessary to make a further distinction:

- Strongest-Votes-Over (svo) for a system that immediately picks the top
pairing, and
- Weakest-Votes-Over (wvo) for one that progressively eliminates the
weakest pairing.

You could probably use Strongest-Margin and Weakest-Margin in the same
way.

Do any of these correspond to previously-used terms (such as VA), or to
particular methods or classes of methods?