[EM] Spam control

Rob Lanphier robla at eskimo.com
Fri Mar 10 23:28:20 PST 2000

One measure that I use to limit spam to this list is to not allow email
from those that are not list members.  This has the unintended consequence
of not allowing non-list-members who are being discussed (Donald Saari for
instance) to reply to comments about him on this list (without joining).

I don't see too much spam to this list these days (for instance, only
three pieces of spam this year were caught because of this).  However, the
risk is that the amount of spam could rise as messages from spammers stop
bouncing and this alias gets added to more lists.

So, my question to the list:  should I allow outside postings?  (more info
on spam can be found at http://stopspam.oreilly.com/)

Rob Lanphier
robla at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~robla