[EM] Clarification: Economic Theory != Journal of Economic Theory

Rob Lanphier robla at eskimo.com
Thu Mar 9 09:40:35 PST 2000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 12:11:44 +0000
From: Tom Standage <TomStandage at economist.com>
To: robla at eskimo.com
Subject: Borda, again

FWIW, I went and read the discussion about my article on your list at
eGroups, and I wanted to clarify something.

My article arose from a talk given by Dr Saari at the AAAS meeting in
Washington DC last month. The results he presented were from a paper
published in "Economic Theory" (*not* the Journal of Economic Theory,
which is different) in January. I spoke to Dr Saari after the talk and
then wrote the article. (Some of those participating in the discussion
seemed uncertain which journal the paper appeared in, and whether or not I
had spoken to Dr Saari or just reviewed the article from its printed
form.)

By the way, I have recommended a couple of the letters we received on the
subject for publication. I don't know whether the letters editor will
choose them or not, though.

Tom.