[EM] Oops. Sincere points assignment maximizes SU.

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 19 22:50:53 PDT 2000

I just want to say this before someone else does: In my previous
letter I suggested testing points assignment, with sincere ratings,
to find out how well it does by social utility. After sending that,
I realized that it would absolutely maximize social utility, and
that there's no need to test it to find that out.

Again, of course, I'm not recommending Points-Assignment, because
sincere voting with that method isn't a reasonable assumption.

Mike Ossipoff