[EM] Another article on the Australian controversy

David Catchpole s349436 at student.uq.edu.au
Fri Dec 8 00:14:33 PST 2000

It's debatable whether it counts as bribery. Most of the cases being
brought up in Australia involved clear preferences prior to any exchange
of money. It's a stretch to think the Dems in Lilley would have
preferenced the Libs. However, the Dems were also short on money, meaning
it's unlikely they would print how-to-vote cards that encouraged voters to
give their second preferences to the ALP unless someone gave them printing
money. In steps Wayne Swan with printing dosh.