[EM] Another article on the Australian controversy

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 7 19:29:02 PST 2000

Catchy wrote:

>You forget that the same abuse would occur for Condorcet

No, Rob L. didn't forget that. He mentioned in his posting that
that criticism could be used against Condorcet also.

>, except it would
>maybe be more pernicious, because it would involve the larger parties
>preferencing amongst each other.

Could you be more specific about this "problem"? What's your
scenario? How does Condorcet have a worse scenario than IRV?

As I said, that objection implies that Plurality is better than
rank or approval balloting, but Plurality's corruption problem is
worse than any crooked how-to-vote card.

Mike Ossipoff