[EM] Mike, help a lady out of her dis-dress. (what, what)

Instant Runoff Voting supporter donald at mich.com
Sat Dec 9 23:22:35 PST 2000

Hey Mike,

     You know everything, help this lady out of her dis-dress. (Ha Ha)

Don

Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 23:06:44 -0500 (EST)
From: Laila Duggan <lailaduggan at yahoo.ca>
Subject: first past the post?

Hi,
I'm a recent addition to this list, so I'm not sure if
this type of inquiry is appropriate. I've got a
request.

Can anyone suggest a good resource for explaining, in
simple terms, our "first-past-the-post" system, and
how it differs from proportional representation? I've
got the general idea, but I don't understand it enough
to explain it to friends.

I appreciate any help,
Laila Duggan

=====
Laila Duggan
c/o 875 Sawyers Lane
Vancouver BC V5Z 3Z8

"It is the silent acquiescence of millions that supports the system. When
you don't oppose the system, your silence becomes approval, for it does
nothing to interrupt the system....Many people say it is insane to resist
the system, but actually, it is insane not to."
--Mumia Abu-Jamal