[EM] Good introductory site

Bart Ingles bartman at netgate.net
Thu Aug 24 23:55:04 PDT 2000

I think the four criteria were chosen to demonstrate the impossibility
theorem.

As I indicated, it was an introductory site.  What I liked about it was
the fact that it touched on a few of the more the "classic" definitions,
problems, and methods, without being too open-ended.  Unless someone is
fairly dedicated to the subject, they're not likely to stick around long
enough to learn a whole list of criteria.  Hopefully anyone interested
will follow up on their own.

A few links would be nice, but this way you can choose your own to
accompany it, whenever you want to introduce someone to voting systems.
It's good to have a few links on hand from a variety of sources,
especially those ending in .edu, to back up your own material.