[EM] Good introductory site

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 24 22:13:33 PDT 2000

That website needs a lot of work. Its 4 criteria are so
weak as to be useless. It doesn't say anything about what to
do when pairwise-count methods don't find a BeatsAll winner.

It does give Approval very fair mention. That's the one good
thing about the website.

But its problems could be remedied by links to better websites,
like my uk website, or the Approval website that you're preparing,
or Russ's new Condorcet website, or the Boulder Colorado
Approval website.

I'd write to them and suggest mutual links with these other
websites, but they don't offer an e-mail address. Maybe one
could infer one from their URL.

Until your Approval website is ready, there's my uk website,
with good coverage of Approval, and the Boulder website.

I'm writing to Doris again tonight, or maybe tomorrow, to tell
her that Russ has joined LWV, and to send her the URLs of
the uk website, and Russ's website. By the way, Russ's website
can now be reached via electionmethods.org

By the way, which of those "votingsystems" websites are still
available. Did you buy all of them from Jon? Which one's are
yours now, and which are still Jon's? I'd like to buy one of them
for a website that I intend to put up soon. It will be very
similar to my articles at the uk website, but my own website will
be one that I can update more often. Also, it can have my
Irving Answers article, and articles intended specifically for
LWV.

Mike