[EM] Finding IRV UUCC example, contd.

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 30 18:49:10 PDT 2000

Because an inequality can be made into an equation by adding an
unspecified number, as when A>B is written as A=B+N, for some
unspecified positive N, and if these N are a lot bigger than one vote,
then it seems reasonable to expect that the values of the
variables can be changed enough to change B or Bc by one vote,
, while still satisfying the original inequalities,
if we wanted to. So if we get a solution of a system of equations
that gives B & Bc the same vote total, then we'd be able to
make enough change in the other variables to change B or Bc by
one vote, so that Bc has one more vote than B.

Here are my names for the relevant vote totals: