[EM] This list

Craig Carey research at ijs.co.nz
Tue Apr 4 02:28:36 PDT 2000

At 12:03 04.04.00 +1000, David Catchpole wrote:
 >I'd be particularly interested in getting Craig to do work on polytopes
 >for multi-winner elections... are you interested, Craig?

I have this new mailing list on preferential voting, now online,
  at:

http://www.onelist.com/group/politicians-and-polytopes

It may have few outgoing messages per week.

I hope to rule out thinking/philosophy, restore mathematics and
  admit enough science or numerical data and analyses to prevent
  the problem of subscribers and politically-minded persons that
  leav this list, from also leaving mine.

PS. I have banned advocating of Borda and the Approval Voting
  method, but certainly not mathematical comments from Mike
  Ossipoff. That ought be no constraint at all.

It probably will be a competing list to this, and it will last
  for a very long time. Hopefully it will see this new method,
  and what could be the child's problem of fixing up the
  Alternative Vote, doubtless too late for the UK, but other
  nations will look before limping towards a despondent patchwork
  of regrets...

I am probably really am quitting this mailing list of Robla.

:To: nkklrp at hotmail.com