[EM] Re: Proportional preferential voting

David Catchpole s349436 at student.uq.edu.au
Sun Sep 19 18:13:01 PDT 1999

I pray one day someone will actually demonstrate (and I hope they have)
that purely rational actors with identical information in an election will
always vote identically with anyone with the same order of preference. I
think it's pretty intuitive, and it could be worked out just using simple
principles from game theory. Maybe then the approvalists and the other
"qualitative" election system enthusiasts will sometimes bite their
tongues.