Clarification Re: [EM] (P1) and monotonicity for single-winner election systems and Condorcet.

David Catchpole s349436 at student.uq.edu.au
Wed Oct 20 15:41:22 PDT 1999

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, David Catchpole wrote:

> Well, yeah, on second thoughts it does have a double negative in there.
>
> Replace the first "No" with "Any".

Well, that's OK. I was flustered and in a hurry, however, when I wrote
this message immediately below-

> Consider the amended version in something approximating your algebra,
> later on in this message.

That's the amended version of monotonicity, not "(P1)." Woops.

I'm going to send a consolidated message that starts from the beginning
again and doesn't make the mistakes like that (albeit immediately below it
there was a correct definition of my understanding of (P1)) and hopefully
doesn't baffle and anger Craig.