[EM] Droop fails the Markus Schulze Rule

David Catchpole s349436 at student.uq.edu.au
Sun Oct 17 23:34:00 PDT 1999

On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, Donald E Davison wrote:

>      Anyway, the Hare STV election will not have any wasted votes. Every

What the **** are you on? Grrr! Read my earlier e-mail detailing the
increased waste of votes by Hare and talk to Markus, who I suspect will be
none-too-amused at your utilising his name to back up such a **********
argument.

> ballot will end up on one or another of the winning candidates. Each
> elected member will have received the same number of votes - an equal part
> of the total votes.

Oh... yeah... except for the last one, who only needs 1/2 of the votes of
the rest. Never mind the fact also that anyone with a Droop quota will win
anyhow.

>      The Droop STV election will not fare as well. The Droop will produce
> one quota of wasted ballots.

The "Hare" quota generates more than a Droop quota of wasted ballots.