[EM] Voting Demorep's proxies both yes and no, in proportion to district.

Donald E Davison donald at mich.com
Sat Oct 23 17:58:41 PDT 1999

Greetings,

Demorep wrote:
>D- Both the Hare and Droop methods and Mr. Davidson's comments are defective
>due to the fixation of having 1 vote per seat in a legislative body.

Dear Demorep,

     I agree with you. I would like for members to have more votes, but not
by way of proxy voting, unless the members were required to vote the
proxies both yes and no, in proportion to the wishes of the citizens back
in the district.

     Another way is to give each member one thousand votes. Then he could
be a true representative of his district and vote the thousand votes both
yes and no, also in proportion to the wishes of the citizens back in the
district.

Donald