[EM] Meek style STV - Part One of Two

Donald E Davison donald at mich.com
Wed Oct 13 04:43:08 PDT 1999

Greetings,

     Have you heard about Meek-style STV?
     If so, and you understand Meek, what are your comments?

     If not, read on. What follows is some text I have just received from
Steve Todd, plus my comments.

Donald
   Steve: If, for the purposes of this exercise, you can put aside your
advocacy of the Hare quota, I think you will agree that these [Meek] rules
are the very best yet devised.
   Donald: Why should it be necessary for me to put aside my advocary of
the Hare Quota?  If your Meek rules are, as you say `the very best yet
devised', then they should work better with the Hare Quota, or at least,
equally well.
   Steve: I can send more information if you become interested.
   Donald: I have just become interested. Please send me the basic rules of
your Meek-Style STV via email. One page should do it.
   Steve: Please let me have your thoughts in due course. Regards, Steve
   Donald: Yes, I will let you have my thoughts about your Meek-Style STV,
if and when I understand its rules. Regards, Donald