STV in NSW

David Catchpole s349436 at student.uq.edu.au
Sun Oct 3 23:25:07 PDT 1999

Single member systems seem to do the same thing, you know, by requiring
only >1/2 of the vote to win outright (aargh! 1/2 is a Droop quota!).
Isn't it terrible that we can't have single member Hare-quota PR?
(sarcastic glare at screen)

It pisses me off no end that some people just can't handle Droop, even
though it makes intuitive, mathematical and practical sense. Hare himself even
rejected Hare on learning of Droop and revised his book to incorporate it.