Bart's "Median Rating" method?

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Sat May 29 00:09:50 PDT 1999

> Demorep1 wrote--I suggested that if medians are to be used, then (1) only
the choices getting above 50 medians (on a 0 to 100 scale) should (2) go head
to head
-snip-

Mr. Eppley wrote-

No, Bart's median method is totally different from Demorep's.
Demorep has simply grabbed the buzzword "median" and used it
in an inappropriate way.  To Demorep, 50 is the median.  To
Bart and to me, the median refers to the middle of the actual
votes cast.  Demorep should have read more carefully.

Perhaps instead of "median" Demorep should use the term
"mid-scale."
---
D- On a 0 to 100 scale, 50 is the median.  The median of the actual votes
cast for a choice may or may not be above 50. Perhaps Mr. Eppley should read
my postings a little more carefully.