[EM] Reply to David Catchpole

David Catchpole s349436 at student.uq.edu.au
Thu Aug 26 15:48:56 PDT 1999

What's not included is the number of votes exhausted while they were
distributed from losing candidates to other losing candidates- which are
of importance, especially when we're talking about the one notion party.

The report (aargh! PDF!) would include details of how optional giving
preferences was... I get the feeling that NSW LC elections are more or
less "optional preferential" in AusPolLang which means that for one's vote
to be valid, only a small number of preferences need be given (this "small
number" may vary from 1 to just over half of the number to be elected to
the number to be elected- it depends).