[EM] Electing Cabinets

David Catchpole s349436 at student.uq.edu.au
Wed Aug 25 21:57:14 PDT 1999

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, Blake Cretney wrote:

> factions.  Also, a cabinet representing only one side of the house will come
> into conflict with free votes by the legislature as a whole.  Since
> individuals and parties don't like to have to vote against their conscience,
> this situation is more unstable.

It's a good point- what if people vote insincerely, voting for the
other side? It's one problem I hope people will attempt on this list.
First I thought that this would infer a two-tier election was required-
but now I'm not so sure... maybe the idea of a caucus election system will
bear more fruit in a practical sense?