Death in the Night - a Fiterman Novel

Charles Fiterman cef at geodesic.com
Fri Oct 30 07:15:45 PST 1998

At 08:51 AM 10/30/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear Charles,
>
>     The answer to the sudden death of a candidate is for us to have the
>primary included inside of the general election. Each major party should be
>running two or three candidates in the general election.
>     The vacancy of a canadiate would be filled by going back to the ranked
>choices on the ballots - dropping the now vacant(and dead) candidate - and
>working the election method a second time to produce a new winner.
>     That winner will most likely be of the same party as your opponent -
>it would not be you - sorry, but your effort would be in vain.
>     It would be best if you did not shoot your opponent.

I think this would work but for more complex reasons.

In violent movments your worst enemy is close to you not far away. Jerry Fallwell
said "Billy Graham is Satan's greatest servant in America." He didn't pick someone
really different like Hugh Heffner he picked a competing Evangelist.

The plot twist that isn't a plot twist is that a Republican is likely to kill another
Republican. If the killer wins we would have elected a Republican anyway and thanks
to the law we may be rid of two of them.