FU@# PLURALITY

Daniel Davis cicero13 at ufl.edu
Sun Nov 8 09:54:42 PST 1998

    Here are the results of my fall election for a University Student Senate Seat

    The district is one of the few single member ones, and comprises 5 on-campus
residence halls (dormitories) of about 983 people.  On average each senate seat
represents 1050 students.

    Anti-Greek Party                46%     164 votes
    Independent (Myself)    29%     104 votes
    Greek Party                23%     83 votes

    Total votes

    I know that almost all supporters of the anti-greek party would choose myself
second, without a doubt, since they hate the greek party.  I know that the greek
party would either not choose anybody second, or choose me second because they
hate the anti-greek party, and an independent is much less dangerous than their
nemisis.

    These elections use straight "illiterate" x marks the spot plurality.

    Now the question at hand:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

    Which system would have benefitted me the most?  The least (aside from the
obvious)?  Which system would have been the fairest in outcomes?

                                                                        d.d.

--
Y_,___|[] |   |  Visit  |   |     http://www.opposition.org       |