Another flaw in monotonicity

Markus Schulze schulze at sol.physik.tu-berlin.de
Fri Nov 6 06:32:42 PST 1998

Dear Blake,

you wrote (05 Nov 1998):
> This is essentially the same problem as NOSHOW.  Basically, the idea
> is that it is possible in the ranked methods that a vote can cause
> someone you rated higher lose to someone you rated lower, to the
> extent of defeating your first choice or electing your last choice.
> All of the ranked methods people are proposing (except Borda) have
> one or the other of the aforementioned problems, and Schulze,
> Smith//Condorcet and LCM (my method) have both.

Could you -please- give an example, where an additional voter changes
the winner from another candidate to his unique least prefered
candidate under the Schulze method.

Could you -please- give an example, where an additional voter changes
the winner from his unique most prefered candidate to another
candidate under the Schulze method.

Markus Schulze