Truncation with Condorcet

David Marsay djmarsay at dera.gov.uk
Thu Aug 27 09:56:41 PDT 1998

Sorry for the tardy response, but I did enjoy my vacation.

My interpretation (version?) of Condorcet is that one should count
the 'plurality': the votes for minus the votes against. Hence
Blake's randomising strategy should not change the result. In his
example, C beats B by 6 votes in both cases.

Blake's method could 'backfire' if the votes do not exactly match.

Cheers.