Insincere Minority Votes

Steve Eppley seppley at alumni.caltech.edu
Thu May 30 12:19:31 PDT 1996

Demorep1 wrote:
>Any ranking method has a major problem with insincere minority
>votes when there is a divided sincere majority.
>
>Namely, in partisan marginal cases, an insincere minority can
>change the winner if the sincere majority cannot by itself
>internally determine its choice.
>
>Examples-
[snip]

I couldn't make much of the examples.  What I'd like to see at the
moment is an example, showing sincere and voted preferences, which
compares Condorcet(0) unfavorably with a Demorep method (or other
method) on any standard of his choice (perhaps Majority Rule).
Then we'll have something we can sink our teeth into.