We Discuss _Proposed_ methods.

Rob Lanphier robla at eskimo.com
Tue Jun 4 01:47:38 PDT 1996

On Mon, 3 Jun 1996, Mike Ossipoff wrote:
> Demorep & Bruce: How would you feel about "methods-all-encompassing"?
> You could discuss many, many methods, without putting that discussion
> on election-methods-list, where the Single-Winner Committee has a
> specific task to do, choosing among a few proposed methods.

Mike, I really love how you seem to want to run the show here.  Look, I
started this list because I was tired of folks whining about posts that
you and I and others made to the e.r. list.  Now you want to turn around
and limit other peoples' posts.  You may feel free to put them in your
kill file or unsubscribe from e.m., but don't try to limit them.

Mike, you are free to compile a set of recommendations and gather
"signatures" for them.  This makes far more sense than calling votes and
forcing people to endorse methods they don't believe in.  Furthermore, you
are more than welcome to set up your own web site and mailing list to run
as you see fit.  Please don't try to run mine.

Thank you.

Rob Lanphier
robla at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~robla