We Discuss _Proposed_ methods.

Mike Ossipoff dfb at bbs.cruzio.com
Mon Jun 3 16:57:16 PDT 1996

The Single-Winner Committee was started for the purpose of choosing
from among a few methods propoded by swc members as the best method
to propose to the public. The methods that we need to consider are
the ones that a member of this list claims is the best one to
propose to the public. From that relatively small set of methods,
we want to recommend something to ER.

For Bruce & Demorep, I suggest the formation of a new list:
"methods-all-encompassing", in which any number of methods can
be defined, and in which any article can be posted whether or not
it's part of the actual discussion going on.

Please don't let all those method definitions make it seem that we
have to consider & evaluate all of them in order to arrive at our
recommendation. We don't! Our initial charter was to discuss, compare,
& recommend on methods that at least one of us claim to be the
best one to propose to the public, not to go through as long a list
of methods that people can come up with.

Demorep & Bruce: How would you feel about "methods-all-encompassing"?
You could discuss many, many methods, without putting that discussion
on election-methods-list, where the Single-Winner Committee has a
specific task to do, choosing among a few proposed methods.

Mike